A toxic tort is a legal claim for harm caused by exposure to a dangerous substance. Toxic tort claims usually arise in any of the following contexts:
- Occupational exposure – when workers are exposed to toxins, at high levels of a short period of time or at lower levels over an extended period.
- Pharmaceutical drugs – when pharmaceutical drugs cause unintended side effects.
- Exposure in the home – when people breathe or ingest substances in their home, such as mold.
- Consumer products – when people use products, such as pesticides, that cause unintended illness.
The elements that a claimant must prove in a toxic tort case, generally, are that:
- The substance was dangerous;
- The claimant was exposed to the substance; and
- The substance caused harm to the claimant
The Falkowitz Law Firm represents individuals injured as a result of the following types of toxic torts claims:
Your toxic tort claim may be subject to statutory time restraints that require immediate attention. It is imperative to act promptly to preserve the necessary evidence to help prove your case. If you or a loved one were injured as a result of a toxic tort, call the Falkowitz Law Firm anytime for a free consultation.